The Boston Red Sox team has admitted racist incidents at Fenway Park and support former midfielder Tori Hunter

The Boston Red Sox team has admitted racist incidents at Fenway Park and support former midfielder Tori Hunter

The Boston Red Sox newspaper says it apologized to former Minnesota Twins player Tori Mintre, who said he was subjected to racist abuse while in Boston or playing in the city’s famous Fenway Park.

Hunter, a five-time All Star award winner and a Golden Glove award winner, told ESPN last week that he was “named N in Boston 100 times … … young and old kids next to them have not said anything”.

Hunter said he didn’t negotiate commercial terms in his contracts while playing professional baseball so he didn’t have to go to Boston.

“The real Torrey Hunter experience,” says Red Sox’s statement. “If you doubt it because you’ve never heard it yourself, take it from us, it happens. Last year, 7 incidents were reported in Fenway Park where fans used racial slurs. These are just the ones we know about.

Hunter is not the first professional athlete to complain about racist abuse in Boston. Adam Jones player of Baltimore Orioles said United States of America today in 2017 He was subjected to racist abuse and dumped peanuts while playing in Boston. Celtics goalkeeper Marcus Smart told ESPN The Undefeat, The network platform that covers the crossroads of race, sports and culture, has been called n in the city.

Red Sox has a turbulent past when it comes to race. They became the last major baseball league team to integrate In 1959, 12 years after Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier with Brooklyn Dodgers.

However, the team has attempted to combat that narration in recent years. Yawkey Way, a popular street named after the late Red Sox owner who resisted the merger, was renamed in 2017 due to Yawkey’s racist heritage.

Hunter and Jones posted on Twitter to support the Red Sox statement posted on Wednesday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *